Skip to content
- Do you find that anti-intellectualism is a result of poor education or a reaction to the stereotype of upper class citizens being intellectuals?
- Is it true that ordinary working class-people have no power over the culture they live in?
- Do we as Americans determine our party affiliations based on morals or economics? Why?
- Why was the red state/blue state idea so popular among the media?
- Frank downplays race as a motive for the migration of the working class to the Republican party, choosing instead to focus on culture. Is he ignoring root causes when he does this?
- Frank uses abortion as a major event that turned workers away from the Democratic Party. Were they already primed to turn away after the Civil Rights Era, or was Roe v Wade truly that traumatic?
- Under what conditions does the backlash + free market coalition fracture?