1. During the deindustrialization of Detroit, did politics or economics play a larger role?
2. How did Detroit’s white residents abandoning their ethnic affiliations and embracing their new whiteness impact the city?
3. With the discrimination that African Americans in Detroit faced, combined with the multiple recessions Detroit faced during the 50s, how come there wasn’t another migration of African Americans out of Detroit?
4. Why are black Detroiters less powerful than employers, white workers and homeowners?
5. Do you believe that “White Flight” was a direct result of racism, or instead a reaction to the fear of racism and its economic and social effects?
6. In what ways was the ghetto not just a physical term, but an ideological one?